DOUG SKIERSKIManaging MemberPhone: 214-295-9295
I concentrate on bankruptcy, mediation, commercial litigation and arbitration. I represent and have represented debtors, national banks, insurance companies, Chapter 7 and 11 Trustees, creditors’ committees and both secured and unsecured creditors, lessors, lessees and asset purchasers with respect to a variety of bankruptcy issues, including litigation involving former officers and directors (both prosecuting and defending).
I have been an active mediator for ten years, mediating cases including contract and business disputes, family disputes, personal injury, juvenile-offender mediation and other disputes and am a trained arbitrator. I am also heavily involved in community and professional activities.
- Creditors’ Rights
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Skierski Law PLLC, Founder/Managing Member
- Franklin Skierski Lovall Hayward LLP, Founding Partner
- Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell LLP, Partner
- B.A., Psychology, Saint Leo University, 2015 – Summa Cum Laude
- Delta Epsilon Sigma National Honor Society
- J.D., Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1998
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- Order of Barristers
- 1998 A.J. Thomas Award
- B.A., Political Science, The University of Texas at Austin, 1990
- Represented Chapter 11debtor Millennium Multiple Employer Welfare Benefit Plan
- Represented Chapter 11 Trustee / Liquidation Trustee for FirstPlus Financial Group
- Represented certain debtors in the Opus West Corporation, et al., Chapter 11 proceeding, Northern District of Texas.
- Represented creditor’s committee in bankruptcy of e-commerce business and represented subsequent post-confirmation Trustee in prosecution of litigation and liquidation of the debtor’s assets.
- Represented debtors and creditors in major construction cases.
- Represented Chapter 7 Trustees in asset sales, preference and fraudulent transfer litigation and litigation against former officers and directors and others.
- Represented an S.E.C.-appointed receiver in prosecuting litigation and discovering, obtaining possession of and liquidating numerous assets to pay dividends to creditors and investors.
- Represented creditors’ committees in bankruptcies of radio stations and technology companies.
- Represented major insurance company prosecuting its shopping center landlord lease rights in the Montgomery Ward Chapter 11 proceeding, District of Delaware.
- Represented debtors in Chapter 7 liquidation of companies created to film, produce and market a theatrical documentary film.
- Represented Canadian asset purchasers in the entertainment industry.
Professional Awards and Affiliations
- AV Preeminent Rating
- TMCA Credentialed Distinguished Mediator
- Master, John C. Ford Bankruptcy Inn of Court, Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas Chapter
- Chairman, Board of Directors, DCHAS
- Past President, Board of Directors, Dispute Mediation Service
- Past President, Texas Association of Mediators
- Past President, Board of Directors, Legal Hospice of Texas
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Association of Attorney Mediators
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, Bankruptcy & Commercial Law Section and Alternate Dispute Resolution Section
- Member, St. Thomas More Society
- Member, Knights of Columbus