In this day and age and with the volatile economic circumstances we face, a great deal of attention has been paid to the challenges of debtors. They must live up to their obligations and abide by the terms of their loans, but mention is rarely made of the challenges businesses face when these obligations are not met.
If you are a business in need of assistance collecting debts and protecting your rights, you need an attorney who understands creditor’s rights. Commercial debt is different than consumer debt and your attorney must understand the nuances of your specific situation.
An experienced creditor’s rights attorney should understand and provide a variety of services, including:
- Clarification of title issues in order to begin foreclosure proceedings
- Obtaining relief from the automatic stay
- Foreclosure processes for institutional lenders, such as shopping centers, builder’s lots, etc.
- Enforcing loan terms
- Representing of banks in small business loan collections
- Obtaining a judgment from a bankruptcy court that a bank’s claims against a debtor are non-dischargeable in bankruptcy because fraud or misrepresentation
Your Texas business deserves a creditors’ rights attorney who approaches every issue with two important factors: personal attention and significant litigation experience. I can provide you with these things and will ensure your business interests are protected.
If you would like additional information or you have specific questions about creditor’s rights, call me at 214.295.9295 to discuss your situation or to schedule a consultation.